Starting this summer, riders of all abilities will be able to take advantage of Kent State University’s new bikeshare system provided by VeoRide, a micromobility share company based in Chicago. The dockless system is the first multimodal system of its kind in the nation, comprised of 100 pedal bikes, 68 e-bikes, 10 fat-tire bikes and two ADA-compliant handcycles. VeoRide pedal bikes will be available for rent either by a pay-as-you-go arrangement or through a membership plan, discounted for students and Kent State faculty and staff. Riders can locate a nearby bike via their smart phone and unlock the joy of bike riding for a quick commute or simply a ride to enjoy the outdoors.
Step 1: Find a ride.
Use the VeoRide app to find an available bike near you.
Step 2: Scan to unlock
Scan the bike's QR code or enter its ID to unlock it. Enjoy your ride!
Step 3: Lock it, Leave It
When you're done, park in any area designated in the app. Push the slider on the lock to end your trip.
|Faculty / Staff / Students *||Community Members & Visitors|
|Pay As You Ride||$0.50 cents every 15 minutes||$0.50 cents every 15 minutes|
|Day Pass||$3.99 for unlimited 2-hour rides
for a 24-hour span
|$6.99 for unlimited 2-hour rides
for a 24-hour span
|Monthly Pass **||$13.99||$28.99|
|Yearly Pass **||$48.99||$99.99|
* Faculty, staff and students must use their Kent State email address for their account to receive Faculty/Staff/Student pricing.
** Monthly and yearly plans include unlimited 60-minute rides within the period. Memberships include pedal bikes only.
Rider Safety Tips
- Check the bike before riding. Use the app to request maintenance.
- Protect your head and wear a helmet.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Follow traffic and stay in your lane to prevent accidents
- Use hand gestures to let others know where you are going.
- Stay alert and pay attention to your surroundings!
Park Bikes Responsibly
- A bike rack is the safest place to park. If the rack is full, you can park right next to it.
- Park in the furniture zone of the sidewalk or near the tree line.
- Don't block benches, patios, fire hydrants, or other furniture.
- Use the app to be sure the area is within the service area.
- Don't block doorway or driveways with bikes.
- Don't block cross walks or sidewalk traffic when parking.
- Don't leave bikes on hills or the curb. This leads to safety hazards.
VeoRide Social Media