Food, Beverage, Gum and Tobacco
- Food and beverages may be consumed in the mall area and Summit Street Café areas only.
- Drinks in a container with a lid is permitted throughout the facility.
- Possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Consumption of alcohol, intoxication, or the appearance/smell of intoxication will be cause for immediate removal.
- Smoking and tobacco use is not allowed on any property owned, operated or leased by Kent State. This includes personal vehicles parked on university property.
- All smoking is prohibited, including the use of electronic smoking devices, mod boxes or electronic nicotine delivery systems that create an aerosol or vapor.
- The policy also prohibits the use of nicotine, tobacco-derived or plant based products, and oral tobacco.
- Restricted products include: cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, cloves, hookahs, e-cigarettes, herbal and oil vaporizers, pipes, water pipes, all smokeless tobacco (chew, snuff, dip, etc.), and all other non-FDA approved nicotine products.
- Gum is prohibited in the facility beyond the Welcome Desk.