Kent State University
Associate Degree in Nursing Program
Following notification of acceptance into the nursing program and approximately six weeks prior to beginning the first clinical nursing course, students must submit documentation of:
- Good health as evidenced by a physical examination within one year prior to admission to the nursing program.
- Two-step Mantoux test or TB titer.
- Specified immunizations and titers.
- Certification by the American Heart Association for Health Care Providers in Basic Cardiac Life Support, including adult, child and infant two-man resuscitation.
- A passport-type photo.
- Recent completion of an Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background checks.
- A ten (10) panel urine drug screen for the following substances: Amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, cocaine, marijuana, methadone, methaqualone, opiates, phencyclidine and propoxyphene.