How We Work with Industry
Research at Kent State focuses on solving major global challenges in energy, healthcare and education. Our research in areas such as advanced materials, aging, bioengineering, neuroscience and water makes an economic impact on Ohio and the nation. We partner closely with industry to move research discoveries into the marketplace and to create jobs and economic vitality.
We work with companies early in the research and technology development process so that we can develop innovative solutions to real problems and access state and federal funding for public-private partnerships.
We also collaborate with companies to create favorable license terms that are most likely to lead to commercial success. By recognizing that the true value of intellectual property is in economic development, we are able to significantly reduce the time required to execute a license.
We can connect you with researchers and resources that will help drive your company’s growth and success:
- Access cutting-edge facilities and equipment at Kent State University for testing and other services, including the Liquid Crystal Institute, the 3D Immersive Development Classroom, the Aquatic Ecology Research Facility and many behavioral science laboratories. The university’s Centennial Research Park also provides space and support for specialized companies to thrive and grow near the university.
- Attend our corporate research forums and symposia to connect with impactful and innovative Kent State research and resources.
- Participate in commercialization-focused consortia and partnerships in such areas as flexible devices and materials.
- Leverage research expertise by sponsoring research projects at Kent State and collaborating with our top faculty researchers.
- License available technologies. Review some of most promising available technologies for licensing to launch a new produce, service or venture.
For more information, contact Stephen Roberts, MBA, Director, Office of Technology Commercialization, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-6323.