Prepare Your Proposal
Steps to Take Before the Proposal Deadline
- Proposal Preparation Guide – This resource provides basic guidelines for required components and procedures for the development of a proposal.
- Institutional Fact Sheet – This resource presents basic pieces of information that are often required for proposal preparation and submission.
- Indirect Cost Waiver Request Form – This completed form must be approved for all proposals not requesting full indirect costs unless a limitation is published in sponsoring agency guidelines and consistently applied to all recipients.
- Indirect Cost Charge Exception Form – This form must be completed and approved in order to request the direct charge of administrative-type expenses, which are normally considered indirect costs.
Request Access to Federal Proposal Systems
Sponsored Programs can assist you in affiliating an existing account with Kent State or creating an account for the National Science Foundation's Fastlane and Research.gov portals and the National Institutes of Health eRA Commons. To request access to either, please use the following sponsor-specific request forms:
- National Science Foundation: Request Access to Fastlane and Research.gov
- National Institutes of Health: Request Access to eRA Commons
For questions concerning access to other federal or non-federal sponsor portals, or if you have questions concerning these forms, please contact Sponsored Programs at 330-672-2070.
All proposals submitted for sponsored projects must be processed in Kuali Research, an electronic system for proposal submission, research compliance and grants management. Accessible through Flashline, Kuali Research allows for collaboration among investigators, the Office of Sponsored Programs staff, the university’s Corporate and Foundation Relations staff and departmental administrators who can share access to the proposal data, budget and submission materials. Contact Sponsored Programs to request access to Kuali at email@example.com. The Kuali Resources page has been updated to provide all the information needed to get started with Kuali Research.