Faculty Forums/ Faculty Recognition
Research and Innovation Forum - The Research and Innovation Forum is a great way to find out about all the innovative research being done by your colleagues at Kent State. Held twice per semester, the Forum is designed to have three speakers from diverse areas in order to demonstrate the breadth of research/scholarship being conducted at Kent. Each speaker has 15 minutes to present anything they want about their research/creative endeavors geared towards a general audience. This is followed by a reception in which attendees and speakers can interact and possibly develop collaborative ideas.
Faculty Recognition - The OFRD supports a number of awards for faculty. Recognition of award recipients occurs in April of each year during Faculty Recognition Week.
The Outstanding Research and Scholarship Awards (ORSAs):
- The Outstanding Research and Scholarship Awards (ORSA) are intended to honor Kent State's exceptional researchers and scholars.
- The Outstanding New Faculty Research and Scholarship Awards are intended to honor Kent State’s exceptional researchers and scholars who are within 10 years of first becoming an Assistant Professor.
- Review of nominations for the ORSA and Outstanding New Faculty Research and Scholarship Award are overseen by the University Research Council
Excellence in Research Mentoring Awards. Review of nominations for the Excellence in Research Mentoring Awards are overseen by the Office of Student Research. For more details go to Excellence in Research Mentoring
- Excellence in Graduate Research Mentoring
The Excellence in Graduate Research Mentoring award honors faculty members who excel in guiding and supporting graduate students through graduate research, scholarship and/or artistic productions. Nominations are reviewed by a committee of graduate students assembled from members of the Graduate Student Senate.
- Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring
The Excellence in Undergraduate Research Mentoring award honors faculty members who excel in guiding and supporting undergraduate students through research, scholarship and/or artistic productions. Nominations are reviewed by a committee of undergraduate students.
See our Distinguished Scholars
- View the list of Distinguished Scholar Award/ORSA Recipients and Excellence in Research Mentoring awardees, from 1997 to current