Workshops and Seminars
The ORFD offers periodic workshops and seminars geared at professional development, grant preparation, industry or foundation funding, and intellectual property/technology transfer/small business development.
- This training was held virtually on Dec. 17, 2020 from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Presented by Faezeh (Fae) Dalton, PMP, Research Data Supervisor at Akron Children's Hospital, Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute
"Write Winning Grant Proposals"
- This is a two-day seminar offered by Grant Writers Seminars and Workshops
- This NSF/NIH proposal writing seminar was held virtually on Sept. 17 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Sept. 18 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. The seminar included opportunities for discussion and Q and A.
- Co-sponsored by Kent State University, Cleveland State University, NEOMED, Youngstown State University and University of Akron.
NIH, NSF grant workshops
- These are periodically offered
- View the May 19, 2020 NSF Grant Writing Workshop Presentation
- View the October 30, 2019 NIH Funding Opportunities Presentation
- NSF. Co-sponsored by RASP and Dr. Lique Coolen — Associate Dean (College of Arts and Sciences), Faculty & Professional Development, Postdoctoral Affairs
- This year long workshop is geared to any faculty member who is intending to submit a grant proposal.
- This workshop series is not currently scheduled
Research and Creative Activity Brownbags
- Bring your lunch and come hang out with colleagues to discuss recent research issues of interest. Topics change frequently, and please feel free to suggest a topic.
- There are currently no upcoming Brownbags
Ideas for a workshop, brownbag, seminar? RASP works closely with the University library, Information Technology, Corporate Relations, Foundation Relations, and Technology Commercialization – let us know what you would like to hear about and we will set it up! Contact Douglas L. Delahanty for more details.