Undergraduate Funding Opportunities
Undergraduate Student Research Travel
Kent State undergraduate students who are presenting the results of their research or creative work at a regional, national, or international conference, or KSU undergraduates who wish to attend a conference because of an interest in conducting research in the future, may request financial support from the Office of Student Research.
- Student Presenters – maximum $500 award.
- Conference Attendees – maximum $250 award
- Students must complete the Request for Undergraduate Research Travel Request Form and submit a faculty letter of support (see a sample faculty letter here).
- Students may receive the award once each year, and must be in good standing with the University
- Applications for the awards should be received no later than 14 days prior to travel
- Students must document conference attendance
- Students receiving awards are strongly encouraged to participate in the Undergraduate Symposium on Research, Scholarship, and Creativity.
Click here for more information about the allocation of funds. Funds are limited.