Faculty & Staff Interpreter Requests/Form
Faculty, staff, and our community can request interpreting services for events by completing our online interpreter request form.
Students requesting interpreters for classes are scheduled through the Access KSU.
Please familiarize yourself with the information below. The interpreting policies are consistent with the interpreting field.
SAS will look at the length and complexity of the assignment and determine the number of interpreters needed to ensure top-quality interpretation for deaf and hard of hearing clients and to maintain the occupational safety standards of our interpreters.
SAS provides highly skilled, certified, and experienced interpreters.
- Complete our online interpreter request form using the Service Catalog.
- Enter your department index number on the online request form.
- Once your request is submitted, you will receive a copy of the request.
- You will receive confirmation and the name(s) of the interpreters for the event.
- SAS will process invoices using banner finance inter-departmental charges. If applicable, mileage rates will be processed as Expense Reimbursements. If you have any billing questions, please contact Shannon Cowling, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fee: $45.00 per hour/per interpreter per *hour. Each additional hour is billed in .25 increments.
- SAS will make every effort to coordinate staff interpreters for your request. *If SAS must coordinate part-time interpreters, we will assess the 2 hour minimum standard fee.
- Cancellation Policy: SAS requires a notice of cancellation two full business days (48 hours) before a scheduled assignment; otherwise, payment in full is expected. All cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Parking: SAS will provide a 1 day permit for interpreters if they do not have a semester pass.
- Mileage: Interpreters required to travel off campus will be reimbursed mileage according to the Kent State University reimbursement policy.
Thank you for your request and we look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.