Requesting Accommodations

Requesting Accommodations at KSU

If you are a student enrolled in courses at the Kent Campus, have a documented disability, and are requesting disability-related accommodations, your first step is to register with SAS. Our office engages in an interactive process with each student and reviews requests for accommodations on a case-by-case basis.

You can register with SAS at any time during the semester, but we recommend you do so prior to the start of your first semester at Kent State. In most cases, accommodations are not applied retroactively which is why we recommend completing your registration with our office early. Some accommodations (e.g. housing needs, closed-captioned videos) take additional time to put in place so please make sure to plan accordingly.

Students taking courses, including web-based courses, at a Kent State University Regional Campus must register with the SAS office at the campus you are enrolled in to be eligible for disability-related accommodations. Students enrolled at Kent State's College of Podiatric Medicine that are seeking disability-related accommodations must register with KSU-CPM's SAS office.

Please review the steps below that best match your SAS registration status. Feel free to contact us at 330-672-3391 (VP 330-968-0490) or if you have questions.