RETURNING Students to SAS
If you've already completed your registration with SAS and are not requesting changes to your accommodations, you can simply request your accommodation letters for your instructors in SAS Online Services.
Please note, there are some accommodations (i.e. E-text, attendance modifications) that have additional requirements for you to complete. Further information on these requirements can be found in SAS' policies and procedures.
Step 1 - Request your accommodation letters in SAS Online Services
- If you receive academic accommodations you'll request your accommodation letters in SAS Online Services, which is an online tool that allows you to e-mail your accommodation letters to your instructors.
- Your accommodation letter provides information and instructions about the accommodations you plan to use in the course.
- In most cases, your instructors are not obligated to provide you with classroom accommodations until you provide your accommodation letter.
Step 2 - Meet with your instructors
- Reach out to your instructors to talk about the accommodations you plan to use in their course.
- Make sure that you are familiar with the syllabus and the course requirements so that you can address any questions or concerns you have regarding the application of your accommodations.
- You may want to meet with your instructors during their office hours so that you don't feel rushed during the conversation and/or have access to privacy should you want to share information about your disability.
- Please remember that you do not need to identify the nature of your disability to your instructors, but many students have found it helpful to discuss their specific learning styles with their instructors.
Step 3: Renew your accommodation letters every semester
- You're able to quickly and easily request your accommodation letters in SAS Online Services for all of your upcoming semesters.
- There are some accommodations (i.e. E-text, attendance modifications) that have additional requirements for you to complete. Further information on these requirements can be found in SAS' policies and procedures.
- If you have concerns or need to request changes to your accommodations, you'll need to meet with an accessibility specialist in SAS. To schedule an appointment, please call the SAS office at 330-672-3391 (VP 330-968-0490).