How to Sign Up
Visit Access KSU and log in with your KSU username and password
Click submit your application to take notes for students with disabilities
Enter the personal information requested, including a phone number
Enter the CRN of the course for which you would like to take notes or enter all of your CRN. See below for instructions!
Read and electronically sign the Note taker Contract
Verify your class schedule by clicking the boxes next to your classes and click submit
Finding Your CRN
CRN stands for course registration number. The CRN is different from the course and section number.
- Log in to Flashline
- Click the Student tab on the left hand side
- Click Resources
- Click Courses and Registration
- Click View or Print Course Schedule and Purchase Textbooks
- Select the current term
- The CRNs will be listed on the left under CRN
- Watch for a confirmation from SAS indicating you are the note-taker. The time frame for responses will vary. If several students apply or the student drops the course, there will no longer be a need.
Uploading Notes to Access KSU
Notes should be uploaded at least twice a week, but preferably as soon as possible.
- Visit Access KSU and click on Notetaker at the top
- Scroll down to the class list and on the far right, click View
- Scroll down to File Information and upload your file
- The maximum allowable file size is 3 MB per upload.
- If you are scanning your document use 150 - 300 dpi as resolution.
Scanners on the Kent campus available at no cost
Library: Student Multi Media Studio on the first floor next to Circulation desk – several flatbed scanners and staff is available to assist.
Library: Copy machines that scan are also available on floors 1, 4, 5, and 6
Rockwell Hall Fashion Library
barnes and Noble GIft Card
Gift cards can be picked up at Student Accessibility Services - Kent State Library - First Floor during the last week of classes.
If you have any questions about this process, email email@example.com. Thank you for your quality notes!