SAS Online Services
Review the helpful information below about using SAS Online Services, and let us know if you have questions. Please note, students also enrolled in the Career and Community Studies (CCS) program will not use SAS Online Services as Cynthia Kenyon will notify faculty of your accommodations. If you are a student attending a regional campus of Kent State University, please contact the SAS coordinator at your respective campus with questions or for information about campus-specific procedures.
SAS Online Services is a tool for students registered with SAS that allows you to view your supported accommodations, email accommodation letters to your professors, schedule exams/quizzes that you want to take in SAS if you receive testing accommodations, and access class notes if you receive note-taking assistance. SAS has created step-by-step tutorials for using SAS Online Services and we welcome you to contact us if you have questions.
If your registration with SAS is complete, you should have received an email containing the URL to SAS Online Services as well as a temporary username and password for logging into your profile. Your first step is to change your temporary username and password. It’s easy! Follow the steps below.
- Log into SAS Online Services with the temporary username and password you received.
- Next, click “Change My Login Information” (located in the left menu).
- Change your username and password and submit the information. You will then be prompted to log into SAS Online Services with your new username and password.
Each semester, students registered with SAS need to select which of their supported accommodations they will use. Students can do this by requesting accommodation letters via their profile in SAS Online Services. Once this step is complete, the accommodation letter will be emailed to your professor and a copy of the email will also be sent to your Kent State email address. It is important to request your accommodation letters prior to or at the start of the semester as your professors are not obligated to provide you with classroom accommodations until they receive your accommodation letter, and, in most cases, accommodations are not applied retroactively.
There are a few important reminders you should know if you plan to take your exams/quizzes in SAS. Students attending a regional campus of Kent State University should contact the SAS Coordinator at your respective campus for information regarding scheduling exams or quizzes to be taken in the SAS testing center.
- All exams/quizzes should be taken at the same date and time that the class takes the exam/quiz, unless you receive permission from your professor to take the exam/quiz on a different date and/or time. SAS requires verification of this permission from your professor.
- All exam/quiz appointments must be scheduled at least three business days in advance using SAS Online Services. Please call the SAS office at 330-672-3391 if you forgot to schedule or had trouble scheduling an exam/quiz appointment.
- SAS collects exams/quizzes 15 minutes prior to closing during the academic year and 30 minutes prior to closing during final exams week. Please schedule your exam/quiz appointments accordingly.