What can I do with a Degree in Sociology?
A Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology prepares students for employment in entry-level positions in a wide variety of settings. Listed below are examples of jobs that require some of the skills that an undergraduate education in sociology provides.
Social Science Research
Environment & Society
Tips and General Information:
- Internships, part-time jobs, summer jobs, and/or volunteer experiences are critical.
- To enhance graduate or professional school opportunities, maintain a high GPA, get to know your professors, join student or professional organizations, and pursue relevant experiences outside the classroom.
- For human or social service positions, gain experience with population of interest.
- Talk with professionals working in areas of interest.
- Contact the sociology undergraduate coordinator, Dr. Clare Stacey, to set up an appointment to discuss your courses, career goals, and plans or visit the following links for more information: