Green Dot Week
Green Dot is a movement, a program, and an action. The aim of Green Dot is to prevent and reduce power-based violence at Kent State by engaging students as active bystanders who step in, speak up, and interrupt potential acts of violence. The Green Dot movement is about gaining a critical mass of students, staff and faculty who are willing to do their small part to actively and visibly reduce power-based personal violence at Kent State University.
This Fall we will be Having Green Dot week from October 9th - October 14th!
Green Dot Week Events are as Follows:
- October 9, 2016: Green Dot Sports Day- The Kent State University Hockey and Soccer Teams will be wearing Green and highlighting the Green Dot movement at their Games
- October 10, 2016: Minute to Win It Games in the Student Center - Come jon us from 11:30am - 1:30pm to learn about Green Dot, play some fun games and win some prizes!
- October 11, 2016: Spotted in Green Day - Wear your best shade of green and post on social media with the hashtag #KSUSpottedInGreen for an opportunity to win a prize
- October 12, 2016: Green Dot Covers the Residence Halls - We will be hosting a decorating contest in the residence halls!
- October 13, 2016: Blue + Gold = Green Dot Social Media Campaign
- October 14, 2016: Green Dot Greek Training - We will be training some our Fraternity and Sorority Student leaders so that they can help spread the Green Dot message
For more information, please visit www.kent.edu/greendot