About the Library
The following information should help you get more acquainted to specific elements of the Kent State Stark Library.
- Circulation Lets eligible library users know what loan periods, fines, etc. are associated with materials borrowed from the library. If you have concerns about a library fee or fine, please review the university's policy on waiving fines, fees, or other charges. If you wish to appeal a fine, fee or charge, please fill out and submit the Library Fine Appeal Form.
- Proxy Borrowing If you would like to designate someone (a spouse, for example) as your proxy for the purpose of picking up and checking out materials on your behalf, you will need to sign and submit a form identifying your proxy. Please keep in mind that you will be responsible for items checked out to your library record by your proxy.
- Library Laptops The library has several laptop computers that students can check out and use within the building for doing library work in our wireless environment. You can read the policies for borrowing a laptop, Or read the agreement each student must sign before using a laptop.
- The library does charge to print in the library. A Flashcard is required. You can access your Flashcard account to put money on it using a credit card or pay cash at the Circulation desk.
- The library has Group Study rooms on the second floor. Except for room 207, anyone may use them on a first-come, first-served basis. The purpose of these rooms is for groups (more than a single person) to be able to study together and cause less disturbance to individuals studying on the second floor. Individuals may also use the rooms but should realize that if a group needs to use a room occupied by one person, that person will have to relinquish the room to the group. When not reserved, room 207 is treated as the others. If you wish to reserve room 207, please read the instructions and fill out our online Group Study Room Request Form.
- Donations If you would like to consider donating materials to the library, please read our policy. If you do donate, you must complete and submit a form (PDF or MS Word) along with your donation.
Reducing the Cost of Print Serials
Large Format Printing in the Stark Campus Library
Annual Report Summary
3D Printing in the Stark Campus Library
2014/2015 Annual Report
2013/2014 Annual Report
2012/2013 Annual Report
Student Feedback Library Proposal
2011/2012 Annual Report (Covers 2010/11 and 2011/12)
Plan for Serials Cost-Reductions and Efficiences
2009/2010 Annual Report
2008/2009 Annual Report
2008/2009 LibQUAL+ Survey Results
2007/2008 Annual Report
2006/2007 Annual Report
2005/2006 Annual Report
Plan for Relocating the Library’s Bound Periodicals Collection
2004/2005 Annual Report
2003/2004 Annual Report
2002/2003 Annual Report
2002/2003 LibQUAL+ Survey Results
Library Staff Retreat Report
2002/2003 Annual Report
2001/2002 LibQUAL+ Survey Results
2000/2001 Annual Report
Regional Campus Library Survey (Spring 2001)
1999/2000 Annual Report
1998/1999 Annual Report
1997/1998 Annual Report
1996/1997 Annual Report