ALEKS Chemistry Placement Assessment
If you plan to take General Chemistry I (CHEM 10060), you are required to take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment.
WHEN TO TAKE THE ASSESSMENT
- SUMMER 2019: Take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment beginning Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
- FALL 2019: Take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment beginning Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 12:01 a.m.
- To take the assessment, log into FlashLine > Student > Resources > Placement Assessment > Chemistry.
- The assessment takes about an hour to complete. There is no time limit to take the initial assessment.
- To be eligible to take CHEM 10060, you will need to obtain 100% mastery of the material in the ALEKS Chemistry assessment. You will need to complete all topics and use the learning modules available online through ALEKS Chemistry to improve your mastery as needed.
- You will be periodically reassessed (each time 20 topics are learned) until you obtain 100% mastery of the 90 core topics. You do not need to take the Goal Completion Assessment that will be offered to you once your mastered topics plus your learned topics equal 90 (or 100%).
- Only students who attain 100% mastery on the initial placement assessment or who reach 100% through the use of the learning modules by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 for summer, or 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 19, 2019 for fall, will be permitted to remain registered for CHEM 10060.
- SUMMER 2019: 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
- FALL 2019: 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 19, 2019.
- To ensure you that you obtain 100% mastery by the deadline, you may need to invest extra time to master the topics.. Take the assessment as early as possible.
Summer 2019 ALEKS Chemistry Placement Support
You can schedule time to work with a chemistry tutor at the Academic Success Center for additional help with the learning modules after you have taken the assessment. Call the Academic Success Center at 330-244-5050 to make an appointment.
Fall 2019 ALEKS Chemistry Placement Prep Series
During the summer, the Academic Success Center is offering ALEKS Chemistry assessment preparation sessions to help you master the topics that will be covered in the assessment.
ALEKS Chemistry Prep Series I
*July 8, 2019
10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
111 Science & Nursing
*Students who take advantage of the morning July 8 session may opt to take the ALEKS Chemistry Placement Assessment in the Academic Success Center immediately following the session at 2:30 p.m.
ALEKS Chemistry Prep Series II
July 8 & 9, 2019
5 - 7 p.m.
111 Science & Nursing
It is recommended that you attend all dates within a single series. However, you are welcome to attend any dates that fit your schedule. Refreshments will be served.
Kindly RSVP for the Prep Series
MAKE A RESERVATION FOR THE PREP SERIES
Fall 2019 ALEKS Chemistry Placement Support
You can also make an appointment with a chemistry tutor for additional help with the learning modules after you have taken the assessment by calling the Academic Success Center at 330-244-5050.
Academic Success Center
40 Campus Center - Lower Level