ALEKS Chemistry Placement Assessment
Take the Assessment
If you plan to take General Chemistry I (CHEM 10060), you are required to take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment.
WHEN TO TAKE THE ASSESSMENT
- SUMMER 2019: Take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment beginning Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
- To take the assessment, log into FlashLine > Student > Resources > Placement Assessment > Chemistry.
- You should take your initial ALEKS Chemistry assessment, which typically takes about an hour, when you can complete it in a single sitting. If you spend more than 90 minutes on the initial assessment, your account will be reset, and you will need to start over.
- To be eligible to take CHEM 10060, you must achieve 100% on the ALEKS Chemistry assessment, which consists of 90 topics.
- You will be periodically reassessed (each time 20 topics are learned) until you have mastered or learned all 90 core topics. You do not need to take the Goal Completion Assessment that will be offered to you once your mastered topics plus your learned topics equal 90 (or 100%).
- Only students who attain 100% mastery on the initial placement assessment or who reach 100% through the use of the learning modules by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2019 will be permitted to remain registered for CHEM 10060.
- SUMMER 2019: 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
- In order to demonstrate learning 100% of the material by the deadline, it is likely that you will need to invest significant extra time. Take the assessment as early as possible.
Summer 2019 ALEKS Chemistry Placement Support
You can schedule time to work with a chemistry tutor at the Academic Success Center for additional help with the learning modules after you have taken the assessment. Call the Academic Success Center at 330-244-5050 to make an appointment.
Fall 2019 ALEKS Chemistry Placement Prep Series
During the summer, the Academic Success Center is offering ALEKS Chemistry assessment preparation sessions to help you master the topics that will be covered in the assessment.
ALEKS Chemistry Prep Series I
Dates to be determined
*Students who take advantage of the XX session may opt to take the ALEKS Chemistry Placement Assessment in the Academic Success Center immediately following the session at 2:30 p.m.
ALEKS Chemistry Prep Series II
Dates to be determined
It is recommended that you attend all dates within a single series. However, you are welcome to attend any dates that fit your schedule. Refreshments will be served.
Kindly RSVP for Prep Series
We'll be taking reservations in the spring.
Fall 2019 ALEKS Chemistry Placement Support
You can also make an appointment with a chemistry tutor for additional help with the learning modules after you have taken the assessment by calling the Academic Success Center at 330-244-5050.
Academic Success Center
40 Campus Center - Lower Level
Director of Academic Services