Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree prepares practitioners for professional nursing, helps them understand their role in society and prepares them for graduate study. The program emphasizes professional knowledge, skills and compassionate nursing practices. Students begin with courses that demonstrate the core foundations of the nursing profession and its historical roots. The capstone preceptorship exposes students to research and professional-practice concepts that will ensure their abilities to be nurse leaders and healthcare advocates.
Throughout the curriculum, students study life-span and cultural diversity issues while applying evidence-based practice to their profession.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree can be completed in its entirety at Kent State Stark.
LAUNCH VIRTUAL TOUR OF NURSING PROGRAM
WHY KENT STATE? WE OFFER YOU
- Individual advising, program planning and guidance by experienced academic advisors
- Clinical experiences at major hospitals and health care facilities throughout northeastern Ohio
- Hands-on learning experiences in our state-of-the-art simulation laboratories
- A 95% average NCLEX pass rate
- High graduate placement — you will be in demand
GRADUATES OF THIS PROGRAM WILL
- Meet educational eligibility requirements to take the registered nurse licensing examination (National Certification and Licensure Exam).
- Acquire competencies based on professional standards to assume the role of the professional nurse and for career advancement, including graduate studies.
- Apply the nursing process in providing evidence-based, culturally sensitive care to promote health and adaptation of individuals, families, groups and communities.
HOW TO APPLY
The Nursing program has a two-step application process:
- Apply online to Kent State University. Select the Stark campus and choose the Nursing major.
- Once you have met the requirements to enter the Professional Nursing Sequence (typically at the end of your freshman year), submit an application to the College of Nursing.
Note: Admission into the professional nursing sequence is highly competitive and is not guaranteed.
View the Application Process & Deadlines