ENROLL USERS IN BLACKBOARD COURSES
Blackboard Learn is integrated into Kent State University’s Banner system, which means that when students register for their courses through Flashline, they are automatically enrolled in the corresponding Blackboard Learn course section. However, you may occasionally find you need to manually enroll a student, colleague, senior guest, etc. into your course.
1. LOG INTO BLACKBOARD
Log into Blackboard Learn through learn.kent.edu or through FlashLine.
2. ENTER YOUR COURSE
Click on the name of your course to access it.
3. ACCESS THE USERS PAGE
In the Control Panel, click to expand the Users and Groups section. Then click the Users link.
4. FIND THE USER(S)
On the Find Users page, click the Find Users to Enroll button.
5. INPUT THE USERNAME(S)
If you know the person’s exact username, type it into the field (do NOT include @kent.edu).
If you do not know the person’s exact username, click the Browse button and search by the person’s name. Select the checkbox next to the correct name and click the Submit button in the bottom right corner.
Note: You can input multiple usernames to enroll multiple users at the same time. Separate usernames by commas.
6. SELECT COURSE ROLE
Select the desired course role for the user(s).
- Student: has access to view course content; cannot alter course content or view other students’ work or grades
- Instructor: has access to and control of all aspects of the course
- Teaching Assistant: has access to student work and grades; cannot alter course content
- Course Builder: has access to course materials; can create, edit, and delete course materials; cannot view student work or grades
- Grader: has access to students’ tests, assignments, and grades
- Guest: not enabled; please do not use this role
7. SELECT AVAILABILITY
Make sure the user’s Enrollment Availability is set to yes; otherwise, he/she will not be able to access your course.
Click the Submit button to finish enrolling the user(s).
Updated June 2019 by Katie Baer, M.Ed., Instructional Designer