Test Scores Needed
ACCUPLACER, ACT or SAT test scores are required for admission to the College Credit Plus program.
- ACCUPLACER, ACT or SAT test scores are used at Kent State Stark to determine if a College Credit Plus applicant is college-ready.
- ACCUPLACER, ACT or SAT test scores are required and the test must be taken prior to the application deadline. No exceptions will be made.
- If you have taken the ACCUPLACER, ACT or SAT, have your scores submitted to Kent State Stark.
- Talk with your school counselor to see if you can take the ACCUPLACER test at your high school. If not, you can make arrangements to take the test on campus.
To be accepted into the program, students should meet one of the following remediation free standards:
|English||WritePlacer 5||18||Evidence Based Reading & Writing 480|
|Reading||Reading Comprehension 80||22|
|Mathematics||College-Level Math 55||22||530|
- Students who wish to take courses in mathematics or take courses that have a mathematics prerequisite will also be required to complete the university’s ALEKS math placement assessment to determine college readiness in mathematics.
- Foreign language placement assessments may be required for students wishing to take foreign language classes beyond Elementary I.
Kent State Stark's ACT code is 3226. For ACT test registration information, visit www.actstudent.org. You are not required to take ACT Plus Writing.
Kent State Stark's SAT code is 0585. For SAT registration information, visit www.collegeboard.org.
RESIDUAL ACT TESTING
If you missed a registration deadline for a National ACT Assessment, it may be possible for you to take a Residual ACT Assessment. Kent State Stark is a site for this service. Our Residual ACT score is acceptable only within the Kent State University system - it will not fulfill admission requirements for any other college or university.
Visit the Testing Center website or call 330-244-5050 for more information about this service, such as fees, dates and location.