- Open to everyone, including the public.
- All classes are held at the Recreation & Wellness Center unless otherwise noted.
- No classes will be held when the university is closed due to weather emergencies, holidays or during spring break.
Spring 2020 Certification Classes
6-WEEK W.I.T.S. PERSONAL TRAINING PREP COURSE
Saturdays: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Feb. 1, Feb. 8, Feb. 15, Feb. 22, Feb. 29 and March 7, 2020
Testing: March 14, 2020
Start an exciting successful career as a Certified Personal Trainer!
Employers of all sizes have partnered with W.I.T.S. to come and meet you during our classes. Our personal trainer course is a great way to prepare for the on campus national exam and live your dream of a successful personal trainer career in a field you love. The W.I.T.S. Certified Personal Trainer is NCCA accredited.
This challenging course is for candidates wanting LIVE instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical labs to master the career skills & knowledge. Stacie Humm will share all the do’s and don’ts in working with clients. The course consists of 15 hours of lecture on key topics like biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage and health assessments. The best part of the course is the 15 hours of hands-on practical training labs. You will role play with assessing clients, programming, performing proper exercises, presentation skills and more. Reading a book and testing does not get it done in the real world. Register today in one of the hottest growing professions in North America. You can work right after passing the CPT exams! You must be 18 years of age and have proof of CPR/AED to obtain your Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer. As a special bonus, you can take advantage of our 30 hour employer internship to get our advanced Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer credential at no additional cost.
- Cost: $599
- Registration Deadline: Feb. 1, 2020
- Required Book: Fitness Professional’s Handbook 7th Edition With Web Resource By Edward Howley, Dixie Thompson © 2017 ISBN-13: 9781492523376 *Save with ebook version*
Stacie Humm, MS, ACSM EP
Recreation Program & Facilities Manager
105 Recreation & Wellness Center