- Open to everyone, including the public.
- All classes are held at the Recreation & Wellness Center unless otherwise noted.
- No classes will be held when the university is closed due to weather emergencies, holidays or during spring break.
Spring 2019 Certification Classes
PERSONAL TRAINING PREP COURSE
Saturdays: 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Feb. 2, 9, 16, 23, March 2, 9 & 16, 2019
Start an exciting successful career as a Certified Personal Trainer! Employers of all sizes have partnered with W.I.T.S. to come and meet you during our classes. Our personal trainer course is a great way to prepare for the on campus national exam and live your dream of a successful personal trainer career in a field you love.
- W.I.T.S. Certified Personal Trainer is NCCA Accredited
- Cost: $599 - test voucher included
- Course includes 15 hours of lecture and 15 hours of lab
- Testing takes place March 16, 2019
- Required book: Fitness Professional’s Handbook 7th Edition With Web Resource By Edward Howley, Dixie Thompson © 2017 ISBN-13: 9781492523376 - save with ebook version
- You can work right after passing the CPT exams! You must be 18 years of age and have proof of CPR/AED to obtain your Level 1 Certified Personal Trainer. As a special bonus, you can take advantage of our 30 hour employer internship to get our advanced Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer credential at no additional cost!
- Deadline to register is Feb. 2
Stacie Humm, MS, ACSM EP-C
Programs & Facility Manager