Leadership Essentials Certificate
LEADERSHIP ESSENTIALS CERTIFICATE - 2 DAYS
Tuesday, May 19 and Wednesday, May 20, 2020
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Have you completed foundational skills and are now asking: what next? Elevate from a management mind-set to one of a true leader by obtaining higher level skills that transfer immediately to the workplace. After just two days, participants emerge with fresh insights into leadership best practices, new research on motivating people and groups, and tips on managing organizational change. This certificate program is continuously updated as leadership needs evolve with the changing marketplace. The four topics below will be covered during this two day certificate program.
To register, call Mona Zink at 330-244-3508 from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
THE EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT LEADER (DR. PHIL KIM)
Emotional intelligence (EI) has become a popular topic within organization development. However, there has been limited practice in how this relates practically to a company and specifically how to develop leaders within the organization. Understanding EI is vital in developing critical competencies such as self-awareness, intrinsic motivation, empathy and social skills.
Upon completion of this training, participants will learn how to incorporate Emotional Intelligence skills to improve performance in:
- Personal Development
- Building Relationships
- Change Management
- Participative Management
- Work-Life Balance
MOTIVATING STAFF THROUGH APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY (DR. KAY POTETZ)
Many times, we find that demands on our energy exceed our capacity to deliver quality results. This session will introduce you to leadership insights discovered in sports psychology and brain research. You will leave with the foundation of an energy plan for increasing energy reserves and building your capacity to handle stress. During this session, participants will:
- Learn innovative strategies for handling stress that can actually improve performance when under pressure
- Identify tips for managing energy verses managing time
- Learn energy management methods borrowed from the world of psychology, nutrition and exercise physiology
EFFECTIVE ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP: ENGAGE AND EXECUTE (KRISTY FRIEDEN)
This leadership training course is uniquely designed to help leaders prepare for new challenges and responsibilities. You'll discover the heart, soul and mind of true leadership. Through a variety of leadership training activities, you'll explore leadership roles as change agent, coach, manager, communicator, and strategist. Plus, you'll learn how to develop your unique leadership style for maximum impact.
- Define the characteristics of great leadership
- Identify the key elements of leadership, how they differ from management, and how to make the transition
- Understand the essentials of communication to effectively influence others
- Determine how to engage and inspire colleagues and employees
- Understand the importance of adaptability and what behaviors are required
- Define sustainability as it relates to employee performance and results
- Identify strengths and opportunities in your current leadership approach