Performance Management Certificate
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE - 3 DAYS
The Performance Management Certificate is a series of programs developed to provide managers and supervisors with access to the core information necessary to effectively manage the performance of others. All employees, including those aspiring to manage people, can take this five-part certificate program.
These programs can be taken individually or as part of the certificate.
To register for any program, call Mona Zink at 330-244-3508 between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES (SCOTT TACKETT, 1 DAY)
Organizations and leaders that manage discipline effectively experience increased cooperation among team members, positive relationships and an open, collaborative culture. Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the difference between punishment and discipline
- Focus on the performance issue and not the person
- Identify how discipline fits into an entire organization’s philosophy
- Utilize effective front-line management strategies
COACHING ACCOUNTABILITY (DEBORAH EASTON, 0.5 DAYS)
In empowered team environments, managers must support staff in developing accountability for innovation, creative problem-solving and effective performance. This workshop uses demonstrations, self-analysis and group discussion to:
- Identify various behaviors that indicate resistance to change
- Teach effective skills and communication styles to diffuse resistance to change
- Develop an action plan to overcome resistance to change
EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS (KRISTY FRIEDEN, 0.5 DAYS)
This is a prerequisite for and must be taken with PREPARING, WRITING AND PRESENTING PERFORMANCE REVIEWS
Getting employees to put forth their best effort can be one of the most challenging aspects of supervision. Successfully managing employee performance isn’t just about completing an annual performance appraisal, filing it away and reviewing it again next year to see if the employee has improved. Effective performance management involves a boss/employee partnership with accountability on both sides. This session will include a comprehensive look at employee evaluation, identifying and reducing performance barriers, methods to assist managers in providing feedback that reduces defensiveness, and creating a work environment where employees can succeed. Participants will:
- Understand the performance management process and it’s relationship to culture change
- Determine an effective approach to providing employee feedback
- Define the process of calibration and performance differentiation
PREPARING, WRITING AND PRESENTING PERFORMANCE REVIEWS (SARAH ANDREAS, 0.5 DAYS)
Must be taken with EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT FOR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
This course is for managers or supervisors who want to sharpen their performance review skills. We look at how to set yourself up for success even when the review is going to be hard. We practice preparing, writing and presenting performance reviews. The participants should feel more confident when it is time to complete a performance review.
- Preparing: setting up a system that supports through reviews
- Writing: avoiding vague and misleading language
- Presenting: presenting with professionalism
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT: BUILDING AN ENGAGED WORKFORCE (HUGH LITTLETON, 0.5 DAYS)
This course is for managers or supervisors who want to develop their employee engagement and performance. Employee engagement is the extent to which employees feel passionate about their jobs, are committed to the organization, and put intentional effort into their performance at work. Participants will:
- Identify what employee engagement is and why it is essential to organizations
- Discover best practices of engaging employees
- Recognize actions for building an engaged workforce