Special Topics & Webinars
Special Topics are held on a demand basis and may be canceled due to low enrollment.
Special Topics Registration
Call Mona Zink at 330-244-3508 between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Special Topic: Help Them Stay: Strategies to Engage and Retain Your Team (In Person)
Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Although compensation and benefits are important, they don’t fully explain why employees choose to stay with an organization. Creating and tapping into “heart commitment” can help reduce turnover and increase discretionary effort. In this program, we’ll focus on two strategies that, if executed effectively, will move the needle on employee retention. To help you get started on these strategies, we’ll spend some time building your customized plan so that you leave this session with ideas to implement immediately!
Participants will learn to:
- Explain the difference between appreciation and recognition
- Define the Five Languages of Appreciation in the workplace
- Explain why targeted appreciation has a more significant impact on fostering heart commitment
- Develop a comprehensive appreciation roadmap to target appreciation activities more effectively
- Explain the benefits of conducting Stay Interviews
- Describe Stay Interview best practices
- Create your strategy for conducting Stay Interviews in your organization
SPECIAL TOPIC: VALUE STREAM MAPPING (IN PERSON)
Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is a powerful tool for analyzing information and material flow throughout an organization.
- Learn the step-by-step method of Value Stream Mapping to effectively identify and eliminate non-value adding activities
- Create a current state map, analyze the current state map, and create a Lean future state map
Special Topic: Supervisory Boot Camp (In Person)
Friday, Dec. 2, 2022
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Whether your team has first-time supervisors or seasoned supervisors, the world of work is changing, and the skills needed to be a successful supervisor are different today than they were yesterday. This full-day Supervisory Boot Camp can help supervisors successfully navigate these new expectations and clarify what successful supervision looks like.
- Identify critical functions and skills need for supervisors
- Clarify their role and the responsibilities and accountabilities they now have
- Complete a SWOT analysis for the organization and their team
- Identify how a supervisor must think, what they must say, and how they must behave
- Review case studies of actual supervisor situations (or bring their own) and determine the best course of action
- Be introduced to Federal Employment Laws and how they impact a supervisor’s daily work responsibilities
- Learn how to document behaviors correctly