Special Topics & Webinars
Special Topics are held on a demand basis and may be canceled due to low enrollment.
Special Topics Registration
Call Mona Zink at 330-244-3508 between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
SPECIAL TOPIC: EXCELLING AT EXCEL (REMOTE)
Thursday, Nov. 4 and Friday, Nov. 5, 2021
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Many people are familiar with Excel, but how many actually “know” all its abilities? This course focuses on skills, tips and features "real users" (both beginning and avid) need to be productive immediately in Microsoft® Excel. The consultant is great at modifying content on the spot to best suit participant needs, so participants can ask plenty of questions to get the answers they need.
- Become familiar with spreadsheet terminology and the fundamental concepts of Microsoft® Excel (including identifying Excel window components, navigating worksheets, and downloading templates)
- Learn the basics of entering and editing text, values, and formulas, and how to save workbooks in the native Excel format, as well as in other formats
- Learn how to move and copy data and formulas, how to determine absolute and relative references, and how to work with ranges, rows, and columns
- Learn how to use simple functions, and how to easily apply formatting techniques to worksheet data
- Create and modify charts, and work with graphics
- Learn how to review workbooks for spelling errors, modify page setup, and print worksheets
SPECIAL TOPIC: CRUCIAL SKILLS FOR CREW LEADERS (IN PERSON)
Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Crew leaders succeed when they have a system they can implement on a consistent basis to ensure performance and productivity are realized. Three aspects of crew leadership – goals, empowerment, and communication - work in harmony to ensure not only shift success, but company success. Crew leaders will learn how the goals of the company and the goals of workers intersect as well as how to communicate in a way that engages commitment from their crew.
- Learn how company, department and individual goals support each other
- Discover the impact of communication styles including tone, words, and intention
- Determine the best way to get a crew to buy-in to a performance plan on a daily basis
- Leave with a plan they can implement and monitor for effectiveness
SPECIAL TOPIC: ADVANCED EXCEL (REMOTE)
Thursday, Dec. 2 and Friday, Dec. 3, 2021
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
This course moves beyond the basics of Excel to explore advanced formatting techniques, such as applying special number formats, using workbook styles and themes, adding backgrounds, and mimicking watermarks. We explore how to work with large worksheets, and use multiple worksheets and workbooks efficiently.
In addition, participants will learn how to:
- Create outlines and subtotals, and how to create and apply cell names
- Sort and filter data, create and format tables
- Save workbooks as Web pages
- Insert and edit hyperlinks
- Share workbooks via email
- Audit worksheets for errors, protect worksheets, share and merge workbooks, and track changes in a workbook
- Customize the Excel environment, create and modify custom templates
SPECIAL TOPIC: BEYOND ADVANCED EXCEL (REMOTE)
Thursday, Jan. 6 and Friday, Jan. 7, 2022
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Participants will build on the skills acquired in the Excelling at Excel Basic and Advanced programs. Participants will work with advanced functions and formulas, and lookup functions such as VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX.
In addition, participants will:
- Learn about data validation, and use advanced data filtering
- Apply advanced chart formatting options to create more complex charts
- Work with PivotTables and PivotCharts, export and import data, and query external databases
- Learn about the analytical features of Excel, such as Goal Seek, and how to create scenarios
- Learn how to run and record macros, and explore VBA code