Special Topics & Webinars
Special Topics are held on a demand basis and may be canceled due to low enrollment.
Special Topics Registration
Call Mona Zink at 330-244-3508 between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
SPECIAL TOPIC / REMOTE: EXCELLING AT EXCEL
Facilitator - Ted Younessi
Friday, July 17, 2020 and Friday, July 24, 2020
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
NOTE: Space is limited. Please register ASAP.
Everyone is familiar with Excel, but how many actually “know” Excel? This course is designed to help beginning and avid users learn new tips and features in Excel. Participants will:
- Become familiar with spreadsheet terminology and the fundamental concepts of Microsoft Excel (including identifying Excel window components, navigating worksheets, and downloading templates)
- Learn the basics of entering and editing text, values, and formulas, and how to save workbooks in the native Excel format, as well as in other formats
- Learn how to move and copy data and formulas, how to determine absolute and relative references, and how to work with ranges, rows, and columns
- Learn how to use simple functions, and how to easily apply formatting techniques to worksheet data
- Create and modify charts, and work with graphics
- Learn how to review workbooks for spelling errors, modify page setup, and print worksheets.
This course focuses on the skills “real users” need to be productive immediately in Microsoft Excel. Our instructor is great at modifying the training to best suit “participant needs,” so participants can ask plenty of questions and get the answers they need.
COMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR: CONDUCTING EFFECTIVE MEETINGS
Facilitator - Renee Romine
Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2020
10 - 11 a.m.
Data suggests there are an average of 11 million meetings taking place each day. The average office employee spends over five hours each week sitting in meetings and over four hours preparing for them - this is more than an entire day devoted to meetings. Many people feel that meetings are unproductive. We believe meetings can be an integral part of any organization if they are done correctly. This webinar will help meeting leaders, planners and participants explore how to maximize time before, during and after any meeting. Participants will learn how break the meeting cycle in order to move their department/organization forward.
SPECIAL TOPIC / REMOTE: DIGITAL MARKETING BOOT CAMP: A PLAN FOR SUCCESS
Facilitator - Karen Leonard
Friday, Sept. 4, 2020
9 - 11 a.m.
Marketing online is no longer an option; it is essential to a successful results-driven marketing plan. If you are starting an online business, or you are not seeing results with your current online marketing strategies, it is time to implement a new digital marketing plan that will create tangible results!
This hands-on Digital Marketing Boot Camp will cover the essential five elements for a strong online presence. You will learn how to formulate an effective digital marketing plan along with tips for increased conversion and traffic. You will also learn how to plan conversion-focused emails and social media content. Participants will learn how to:
- Get found online with Google
- Convert more leads with their Website
- Convert interest to leads with Email Marketing
- Increase their effectiveness on Social Media
- Understand their reports for better results
If you are tired of wasting time, money, and energy on tactics that are not driving new business or repeat customers, this workshop will provide a fresh start.
SPECIAL TOPIC / REMOTE: CRUCIAL SKILLS FOR CREW LEADERS
Facilitator – Diane Helbig
Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020
10 - 11:30 a.m. and 1 - 2:30 p.m. (NOTE: Attendance at both sessions is required)
Crew leaders succeed when they have a system they can implement on a consistent basis to ensure performance and productivity are realized. Three aspects of crew leadership – goals, empowerment, and communication – work in harmony to ensure not only shift success, but company success. Crew Leaders will learn how the goals of the company and the goals of the workers intersect as well as how to communicate in ways that engage commitment of the crew. Participants will:
- Learn how company, department and individual goals support each other
- Discover the impact of communication styles including tone, words, and intention
- Determine the best way to get the crew to buy-in to a performance plan on a daily basis
- Leave with a plan they can implement and monitor for effectiveness
COMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR: LEAD WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE
Facilitator - Renee Romine
Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020
10 - 11 a.m.
"It takes months to find a customer...seconds to lose one." Vince Lombardi
Learn how to build a culture of customer service both inside and outside your organization. Participants will learn how to:
- Make customer service part of the organization’s culture
- Learn the mastery of positive language
- Learn how to provide world-class service