Special Topics & Webinars
Special Topics are held on a demand basis and may be canceled due to low enrollment.
Special Topics Registration
Call Mona Zink at 330-244-3508 between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
SPECIAL TOPIC: EXCELLING AT EXCEL (REMOTE)
Friday, Aug. 20 and Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Many people are familiar with Excel, but how many actually “know” all its abilities? This course focuses on skills, tips and features "real users" (both beginning and avid) need to be productive immediately in Microsoft® Excel. The consultant is great at modifying content on the spot to best suit participant needs, so participants can ask plenty of questions to get the answers they need.
- Become familiar with spreadsheet terminology and the fundamental concepts of Microsoft® Excel (including identifying Excel window components, navigating worksheets, and downloading templates)
- Learn the basics of entering and editing text, values, and formulas, and how to save workbooks in the native Excel format, as well as in other formats
- Learn how to move and copy data and formulas, how to determine absolute and relative references, and how to work with ranges, rows, and columns
- Learn how to use simple functions, and how to easily apply formatting techniques to worksheet data
- Create and modify charts, and work with graphics
- Learn how to review workbooks for spelling errors, modify page setup, and print worksheets
SPECIAL TOPIC: MICROSOFT WORD (REMOTE)
Thursday, Sept. 9 and Thursday, Sept. 16, 2021
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
This course covers the basic skills and concepts needed to use Microsoft Word productively and efficiently. After an introduction to Word's window components, participants will learn how to:
- Create, save, and navigate between documents
- Edit, copy and paste, and find and replace text
- Enhance the appearance of a document by using various formatting options
- Create tables, adjust page layout, work with graphics, use styles and outlines
- Proof and print documents.
SPECIAL TOPIC: ADVANCED EXCEL (REMOTE)
Friday, Sept. 17 and Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
This course moves beyond the basics of Excel to explore advanced formatting techniques, such as applying special number formats, using workbook styles and themes, adding backgrounds, and mimicking watermarks. We explore how to work with large worksheets, and use multiple worksheets and workbooks efficiently.
In addition, participants will learn how to:
- Create outlines and subtotals, and how to create and apply cell names
- Sort and filter data, create and format tables
- Save workbooks as Web pages
- Insert and edit hyperlinks
- Share workbooks via email
- Audit worksheets for errors, protect worksheets, share and merge workbooks, and track changes in a workbook
- Customize the Excel environment, create and modify custom templates
COMPLIMENTARY WEBINAR: FINDING EMOTIONAL BALANCE WHEN EVERYTHING IS AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER
Facilitator: Renee Romine
Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021
2 - 3 p.m.
REGISTER FOR WEBINAR
Did you know that self-regulation is tied to emotional balance? In this webinar, Renee Romine, Kent State Human Resources, explores some easy-to-apply self-regulation techniques to help you gain greater control of your mental and emotional balance.