Earth Science Major - B.A.
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Earth Science is ideal for students interested in broad interdisciplinary study of the key natural and physical processes that shape the planet, leading to potential careers in environmental or earth system fields. The program requires courses in physical geology, minerals and rocks and geographic information science. Most geology courses have extensive (one-to-three-day ) excursions that allow students to obtain valuable field experience.
Graduates have opportunities for employment in a wide variety of careers where an understanding of natural science is useful or critical in success. Geology can be a strong background for advanced study or career development in areas such as business, city management, regional development, planning, law, journalism and science writing.
Students can complete the Earth Science major (B.A.) in its entirety at Kent State Stark.
LAUNCH VIRTUAL TOUR OF SCIENCE & NURSING
EARTH SCIENCE GRADUATES WILL
- Understand and communicate to others:
a. the nature of scientific investigation and evidence
b. the complex interrelationships of the biosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere, and the lithosphere through geologic time.
- Understand Earth materials and interpret geologic and environmental processes.
- Synthesize geologic information to understand and solve geologic and environmental problems.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Work as a geologist in the field and in the laboratory.