Environmental Studies Major
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies prepares students to integrate concepts and knowledge on environmental issues from across multiple disciplines and to communicate about these in important ways. Basic scientific knowledge about environmental processes is used to inform different social goals. Students will develop a set of key competencies in earth systems science, environmental social science, human-natural systems and sustainability science to be able to solve specific environmental problems.
Students will take courses in biological sciences, economics, environmental studies, geology, geography, sociology, philosophy and political science.
Students can complete the Environmental Studies major in its entirety at Kent State Stark.
- ENVS Two Year Rotation Fall 2022-Spring 2024 pdf - updated 02/14/2022
- ENVS Course Offerings & Frequencies pdf - updated 02/23/2021
- Orientation Presentation pdf
ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES GRADUATES WILL
- Understand the environment and how it relates to human activity, human resource needs and human cognition.
- Grasp the interconnections between environmental and human systems and how those play out in particular problem areas.
- Articulate how environmental problems are framed and how public attitudes and policies can be harnessed to provide solutions to environmental degradation.