Environmental Studies Major
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies prepares students to integrate concepts and knowledge on environmental issues from across multiple disciplines and to communicate about these in important ways. Basic scientific knowledge about environmental processes is used to inform different social goals. Students will develop a set of key competencies in earth systems science, environmental social science, human-natural systems and sustainability science to be able to solve specific environmental problems.
Students can complete the Environmental Studies major in its entirety at Kent State Stark.
LAUNCH VIRTUAL TOUR OF SCIENCE & NURSING
- Orientation Presentation 2022-23 pdf
- ENVS 2-Year Course Rotation F23-S25 pdf - updated 02/01/2023
ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES GRADUATES WILL
- Demonstrate an understanding of the environment and how it relates to human activity, human resource needs and human cognition.
- Analyze the interconnections between environmental and human systems and how those play out in particular problem areas.
- Evaluate how environmental problems are framed and how public attitudes and policies can be harnessed to provide solutions to environmental degradation.