The Geography minor offers students a foundation in this expanding field and will be of interest to students studying in areas such as geology, education, sociology, biology, political science, history, anthropology and public health.
Students can complete the Geography minor in its entirety at Kent State Stark.
- Minor Overview
- Geography Two Year Course Rotation Fall 2021 - Spring 2023 pdf
- Geography Course Offerings & Frequencies pdf
GEOGRAPHY MINOR REQUIREMENTS
|Choose from the following:||9|
|ENVS 22070||Nature and Society (3)|
|GEOG 10160||Introduction to Geography (3)|
|GEOG 17063||World Geography (3)|
|GEOG 17064||Geography of the US & Canada (3)|
|GEOG 21062||Physical Geography (3)|
|GEOG 22061||Human Geography (3)|
|GEOG 29160||Mapping Our World (3)|
|GEOG Upper-Division Electives (GEOG 30000 or 40000 level)||6|
- Minimum 2.00 minor GPA
- Students must complete at least two upper-division (30000 or 40000 level) courses in the minor at Kent State on a graded basis (A-F).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be upper-division coursework (30000 and 40000 level).
- Minimum 6 credit hours in the minor must be outside of the course requirements for any major or other minor the student is pursuing.
- Minimum 50 percent of the total credit hours for the minor must be taken at Kent State (in residence).