Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Text by John Cameron Mitchell
Music and Lyrics by Stephen Trask
Hedwig and the Angry Inch tells the story of the “internationally ignored song stylist” Hedwig Schmidt, a fourth wall smashing East German rock ‘n’ roll goddess who also happens to be the victim of a botched sex-change operation.
Hedwig is backed up by Yitzhak and the hard-rock band “The Angry Inch.” Hedwig transforms in this rock and roll tale by rising above the abuse, deceit and abandonment they have been carrying for many years.
As Hedwig steps forward, courageously into the unknown, Yitzhak takes their rightful place as the shining star of rock and roll on the midnight radio.
Produced by Kent State University at Stark Theatre Department
Directed by TC Mavis Jennings
Music Directed by Steven Parsons
Nov. 12, 13, 19 & 20 at 8 p.m.
Nov. 14 & 21 at 2 p.m.
Adults - $10
Seniors (55 and over) - $7
Non-KSU Students (17 and under) - $7
KSU Students - Free with current ID
- Online ticket sales begin Oct. 18. The Box Office opens Nov. 1.
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted. Checks and cash accepted in person at the Box Office.
- Tickets purchased online or by phone will be available at Will Call.
- Will Call opens one hour prior to curtain time and closes when the performance begins.
- Kent State Students: Free admission with current Kent State ID. Seats must be reserved in person at the Box Office.
- No refunds for purchased tickets. Exchanges for the same production can be made by contacting the Box Office prior to the reserved performance date.
- Tickets held at Will Call will be forfeited if not picked up by curtain time.