Students can complete the Marketing major in its entirety at Kent State Stark.
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Marketing provides a general approach that can be applied in a wide range of areas of business (e.g., for profit, nonprofit, service and manufacturing). The program addresses the breadth within the marketing field through courses (e.g., consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing, personal selling, advertising and promotion management) that provide the student with an appreciation of all central topic areas in the field.
Accordingly, the program gives students a generalist’s perspective and working knowledge of the theory and practice of marketing. Students learn the tasks involved in the analysis, planning, implementation and control of marketing programs that result in strategies and tactics used by businesses to sell products to consumers and other businesses. Typically, a traditional lecture format is used by instructors in this program.
Marketing graduates will
- Demonstrate the ability to make strategic decisions from a marketing perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct financial analyses appropriate for marketing managers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of segmentation, target marketing and positioning.
- Make effective sales presentations and close sales.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze markets and competitors.
- Exercise skills in analytical thinking, written and oral communication, data collection and analysis, basic financial analysis, ethical decision making and computer applications.