The Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Marketing provides a general approach that can be applied in a wide range of areas of business (e.g., for profit, nonprofit, service and manufacturing). The program addresses the breadth within the marketing field through courses (e.g., consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing, personal selling, advertising and promotion management) that provide the student with an appreciation of all central topic areas in the field.
The program gives students a generalist’s perspective and working knowledge of the theory and practice of marketing. Students learn the tasks involved in the analysis, planning, implementation and control of marketing programs that result in strategies and tactics used by businesses to sell products to consumers and other businesses. Typically, a traditional lecture format is used by instructors in this program.
Students can complete the Marketing major in its entirety at Kent State Stark.
MARKETING GRADUATES WILL
- Demonstrate an understanding of segmentation, target marketing, and positioning.
- Demonstrate an ability to collect and analyze market research data.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective personal selling tactics.
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct financial analyses for the purposes of making strategic marketing decisions.
Graduates of all Bachelor of Business Administration programs will be able to:
- Recall strategic frameworks that are used to make business decisions.
- Use analytical methodologies and critical thinking skills to evaluate and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate the technological skills necessary to analyze business problems and develop solutions.
- Write effective business communications.
- Make effective business presentations, using appropriate technologies.
- Collaborate effectively with others to achieve a common business purpose.
- Recognize ethical business dilemmas and use ethical decision making to resolve the dilemma.
- Analyze the key global factors when making a business decision.