Stark Campus COVID-19 Information & Updates
Updated Jan. 3, 2022:
KENT STATE UNIVERSITY'S SPRING SEMESTER PLANS
During the 2022 Spring Semester, most aspects of university life to be very close to pre-pandemic normal, with a return of all in-person classes, engaging activities and residence halls that are at capacity.
Face coverings will continue to be required inside all buildings, and are strongly recommended outdoors where six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
Because of the ever-changing nature of the pandemic, our plans are always subject to change to adapt to new pandemic conditions that might arise, including the rise of the COVID-19 omicron variant.
For the health and safety of our entire university community, on Aug. 27, 2021, Kent State implemented a COVID-19 vaccine requirement which now extends to all students, faculty and staff. While booster shots are not yet part of this requirement, they are strongly encouraged.
All our decisions will continue to be guided by the best public health science and recommendations from federal, state and local health agencies, as they have since the beginning of the pandemic.
- If you have questions regarding COVID-19 please call 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634) or email email@example.com.
- Kent State COVID-19 Response Team: 330-672-2525
STARK CAMPUS SPRING 2022 OPERATIONS
- Face coverings will continue to be required inside all buildings, and are strongly recommended outdoors where six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Kent State Stark community members and visitors should follow Flashes Safe Eight to ensure the safety of our community.
- Open office hours are posted on each office's website. See below.
STARK CAMPUS COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
Campus areas will be cleaned and disinfected daily. Cleaning and disinfecting stations are located throughout campus. Please do not move cleaning supplies from room to room. Plexiglass barriers have been installed in high traffic offices and areas.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
If you have an emergency warning sign (including trouble breathing), get emergency medical care immediately and/or call 911 and:
- Quarantine at home except to get medical care. Do not come to campus if you are not feeling well.
- Call your doctor immediately in advance to let them know you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Notify the Kent State COVID Response Team by calling 330-672-2525.
- See the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for more information.
COVID-19 SELF-TEST KITS
Self-test kits are available for free to any member of the Kent State community and can be picked up at the Kent State Stark Library. View website for hours.
COVID-19 VACCINE EXEMPTION
On Aug. 27, 2021, Kent State issued a COVID-19 vaccine requirement effective Dec. 20, 2021. Exemptions to this requirement will be granted for medical, religious or personal conscience reasons. Anyone seeking an exemption must submit the appropriate request form (see below) and accompanying documentation. Submitting the request form and appropriate documentation does not grant you an automatic exemption. Exemption requests will be individually reviewed for completion, accuracy of information and direct relevance to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Please do not assume that because you have requested an exemption that it is or will be approved. Submitting your request starts the review process. You will be notified, in writing, whether your request is approved or denied. Denials cannot be appealed, but you may submit a new exemption request if additional supporting documentation becomes available. The review process is expected to take up to four weeks, after the submission of the appropriate request form and documentation.
STARK CAMPUS ASSISTANCE
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-499-9600. Emails and messages will be returned by the next business day.
- Campus Security can be reached at 330-244-3333. Save this number as a favorite in your phone.
ACADEMIC SUCCESS CENTER
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS
- Faculty and staff may contact Kent State University’s Employee Assistance Program, IMPACT, at 1-800-227-6007, for live, immediate assistance.
- There are several 24/7 professional support services available that can also connect you to local resources. You can reach the Crisis Text Hotline by texting 741-741. You can reach the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by calling 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or by visiting their website for a live chat.
- Payments can be made online
- Submit documents by using the One Stop Student Services Contact Us Form
VETERANS BENEFITS & MILITARY CALL-UP GUIDELINES
FIRST STEP - FIRST-YEAR ADVISING & REGISTRATION
FLASHCARD STUDENT ID
- New Stark Campus students can request a FLASHcard online; follow instructions on website
- Students can also visit Student Services, 132 Main Hall, for a FLASHcard
FLASH'S FOOD PANTRY
GLOBAL EDUCATION INITIATIVES
INTERNSHIP & CAREER SERVICES
- Stark Parking Services is issuing parking hang tags to spring students in January
RECREATION & WELLNESS CENTER
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES
STUDENT INVOLVEMENT & ORGANIZATIONS
STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
CONTINUE TO TAKE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES
FLASHES COVID-19 PREVENTION INFORMATION
It is imperative that we take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Additional information can be found here:
We take all of these steps to ensure the health and safety of our campus community and to be proactive in an effort to prevent illness while continuing the academic mission of the university.
We will continue to monitor the outbreak and will align our recommendations with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization and other city, state and federal agencies.