Senior Guest Admission
Kent State Stark's Senior Guest Program is designed to encourage Ohio's Senior Citizens to attend classes on a space-available basis.
Courses taken through the Senior Guest Program are free; however, some classes have variable costs such as special course fees. The senior guest is responsible for these fees. Most classes held during the fall and spring semesters meet 2-3 times each week for 15 weeks. Senior guests can take classes any time they are offered, as long as space is available.
- Senior guests are permitted to take in-person classes only. Online classes are not permitted.
- Senior guests do not receive credit or a grade.
- Senior guests are not required to take exams or write research papers.
- Senior guests are encouraged to do assignments and participate in class discussions, but are not required to.
- Purchasing books is optional.
SENIOR GUEST ELIGIBILITY
Ohio residents 60 years of age or older and have been a resident of Ohio for at least the last 12 months.
Senior guests meeting the eligibility criteria above must apply during the following periods:
- Fall 2019: Aug. 12 - 28, 2019 // Classes begin Aug. 22
- Spring 2020: Jan. 2 - 17, 2020 // Classes begin Jan. 13
Classes taken through the Senior Guest Program are offered on a space-available basis, with the permission of the instructor. Ruby Groves will contact the instructor for permission and let you know by email if space is available in your chosen class. You will hear from her right before classes begin.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- Go to www.kent.edu/stark/class-schedules-final-exams
- Click on the Class Schedule Search button
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: Stark Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
FLASHcard - YOUR KENT STATE ID
Senior guests are eligible to receive a Kent State University FLASHcard, the preferred method of identification on campus. You can get a FLASHcard in the Office of Student Services. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you.
NEW! PARKING INSTRUCTIONS AT KENT STATE STARK
Effective immediately, Kent State Stark students and senior guests will need to register their vehicles with Parking Services. Parking still remains free, but vehicle registration is required. If you currently have a Kent State Stark parking permit hang tag, you will need to provide us with your hang tag number and vehicle registration information. All new senior guests will need to provide vehicle registration information and pick up a parking permit hang tag from Ruby Groves. Hang tags issued in the fall semester are good for the spring semester. Hang tags are not required for summer.
Programs offered through the Corporate University are exempt from the Senior Guest Program. Students who enroll in these noncredit programs must pay the regular fees for tuition and books (if required).
SENIOR GUEST CONTACT
Office of Student Services
132 Main Hall