Senior Guest Admission
Kent State Stark's Senior Guest Program is designed to encourage Ohio's Senior Citizens to attend classes on a space-available basis.
Courses taken through the Senior Guest Program are free, however, some classes have variable costs such as special course fees. The senior guest is responsible for these fees. Most classes held during the fall and spring semesters meet 2-3 times each week for 15 weeks. Senior guests can take classes anytime they are offered, as long as space is available.
- Senior guests are permitted to take in-person classes only. Online classes are not permitted.
- Senior guests do not receive credit or a grade.
- Senior guests are not required to take exams or write research papers.
- Senior guests are encouraged to do assignments and participate in class discussions, but are not required to.
- Purchasing books is optional.
SENIOR GUEST ELIGIBILITY
Ohio residents 60 years of age or older and have been a resident of Ohio for at least the last 12 months.
Senior guests meeting the eligibility criteria above must apply during the following periods:
- Summer 2018 (all sessions): May 7 - July 13, 2018
- Fall 2018: August 13 - 24, 2018
- Spring 2019: January 2 - 15, 2019
After applying, senior guests can register for classes no earlier than one week prior to the start of the semester. Contact Will Casterlow at 330-244-3250 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- Go to www.kent.edu/stark/class-schedules-final-exams
- Click on the Class Schedule Search button
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: Stark Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
FLASHcard - YOUR KENT STATE ID
Senior guests are eligible to receive a Kent State University FLASHcard, the preferred method of identification on campus. You can get a FLASHcard in the Office of Student Services. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you.
Programs offered through the Corporate University are exempt from the Senior Guest Program. Students who enroll in these noncredit programs must pay the regular fees for tuition and books (if required).
SENIOR GUEST CONTACT:
Office of Admissions
132 Main Hall