Smart Start Saturday Orientation
Kent State University at Stark welcomes you to campus on August 18 for Smart Start Saturday. This is your new student orientation that will prepare you for the first week of classes - and your new college life.
SMART START SATURDAY
August 18, 2018
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Smart Start Saturday is for new students at Kent State Stark starting in Fall 2018. Attendance is mandatory.
- Check-in at the Recreation & Wellness Center beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Park in Lot 101, the large student lot to the right of the Frank Avenue entrance.
We are no longer accepting reservations, but students and families are still welcome to attend! Check-in at the "Walk-Up, Non-RSVP" table when you arrive.
Smart start saturday sCHEDULE:
|8:30 - 9:00
||CHECK-IN AT THE RECREATION & WELLNESS CENTER
Park in Lot 101, the large student parking lot to the right of the Frank Avenue entrance. Parents and guests are welcome, but not required. Limit two parents or guests per student.
|9:15 - 10:30
||STARTING COLLEGE PRESENTATION - Please arrive on time!
For space reasons, students and parents will be separated for the Starting College presentation and reunited afterwards for the remainder of the day.
|10:30 - 11:00||CLASS PHOTO|
|11:00 - 1:00
||REFRESHMENTS • DJ • RESOURCE TABLES
Enjoy complimentary refreshments and visit the many Resource Tables.
FIND YOUR CLASSROOMS
VISIT BOOKSTORE & OPEN OFFICES
|11:30 - 11:55
12:05 - 12:30
|BREAKOUT SESSIONS - Choose two session topics to attend:
- Student Support Services
- Student Involvement
- Faculty Expectations
- FlashLine & Blackboard
- Library & Writing Center
Dress for the Weather, we are expecting rain!
During Smart Start Saturday, students and guests will be walking between buildings on campus. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, dress for warm weather and bring umbrellas in case of rain.
- Student Services: 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Bookstore: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Academic Success Center: 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Parking Services: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Learning Resource Center (Library): 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Recreation & Wellness Center: 7 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Assistant Director for FYE
Office of Student Services
132 Main Hall