Koru Mindfulness Teacher Certification Workshop
Get certified to teach Koru Mindfulness at Kent State!
Kent State of Wellness, the university-level initiative to promote health and wellness, is bringing faculty from the Center for Koru Mindfulness to the Kent Campus Aug. 1-3, 2019.
Koru Teacher Training Certification is designed to teach you everything you need to know to effectively teach mindfulness to emerging adults using the Koru Mindfulness curriculum. Kent State faculty and staff can use these skills for themselves and also help their students become more mindful and better manage stress.
Register for Koru Mindfulness Training
To register for the Koru Mindfulness Teacher Certification Workshop at Kent State and for more information, visit https://korumindfulness.org/teacher-certification/workshop-listings/kent-state-oh/.
A limited number of scholarships are available for this Koru Teacher Training program. On completion of the program, scholarship awardees are required to teach a four-week Koru class each semester for two academic years. The following are requirements for scholarship awardees:
- You must be a full-time Kent State faculty or staff member.
- You must have completed a Koru Basic class.
- You must have formal meditation training, such as MBSR.
- You must have practiced meditation for at least six months.
- You must be available on Aug. 1-3, 2019, for the teacher training workshop and must complete the training.
- You must have the permission of your supervisor for this teacher training workshop and to teach Koru on campus for the next two academic years. (Documentation must be submitted).
To be considered for a scholarship, please fill out the application form at https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_42AikWvK21xnzet.
Need More Information?
If you have questions, email Melissa Celko at email@example.com.