Apply for a Kent State of Wellness Seeds of Wellness Mini-grant
Do you have an idea for a collaborative initiative to promote health and wellness on campus? Are you planning a project or an initiative that supports Kent State’s mission to become a model for a healthy campus?
Kent State of Wellness, Kent State University’s healthy campus initiative, is seeking applications for its 2019/2020 Seeds of Wellness mini-grant program that awards up to $1,000 for initiatives that focus on any of these priority areas at all Kent State campuses: Alcohol and Other Drug Use, Mental Health, Nutrition, Physical Activity, Preventive Care, Safety, Sexual Health, Smoking and Tobacco Use.
Kent State of Wellness encourages members of the Kent State community at all campuses to take an active role in creating a healthy campus. Please note that student involvement in project planning and implementation is required.
This past school year, Seeds of Wellness mini-grants were awarded for projects that included:
- A stair climbing event at Kent State University at Ashtabula
- Suicide prevention movie screening at Kent State at Tuscarawas
- Stress-relief events at Kent State University at Stark and Kent State University at Salem
- CPR training on the Kent Campus
- Nutrition counseling and demonstrations at the Kent Campus
- Be-YOU-tiful: Body positivity event at the Kent Campus
Seeds of Wellness mini-grants are awarded on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted.
For more information and to apply, visit www.kent.edu/stateofwellness/seeds-wellness-program. If you have questions, email Melissa Celko, director of Kent State of Wellness, at email@example.com.