Flash Books Faculty Resources for Canvas
|All Publisher’s||eBook||Content will be available through the Flash Books|
|Cengage||Custom - WebAssign||https://www.cengage.com/training/webassign/canvas|
|Cengage||Custom - MindTap||https://www.cengage.com/training/mindtap/canvas|
|Cengage||Custom - CNOW2||https://www.cengage.com/training/cnowv2/canvas|
|Cengage||Custom – OWL||https://www.cengage.com/training/owlv2/canvas/|
|Hawkes – Learning||Custom||Publisher Representative will reach out|
|McGraw Hill||Custom - Connect||https://www.mheducation.com/highered/support/connect/course-setup|
|McGraw Hill||Custom – ALEKS||https://www.mheducation.com/highered/support/aleks/course-setup#sync|
|Macmillan Learning||Custom||Publisher representative will reach out|
|Pearson||Custom – My Lab||https://mlm.pearson.com/northamerica/educators/support/select-your-product/index.html NOTE: Replace referrences of "BN First Day" with "Flash Books"|
|Pearson||Custom – Revel||Publisher Representative will reach out NOTE: Replace references of “BN First Day” with “Flash Books”|
|Pearson16||Custom||Publisher Representative will reach out NOTE: Replace references of “BN First Day” with “Flash Books”|
OPT OUT: Student selects the Flash Books(Canvas) or Flash Books Opt Out (Blackboard) link course landing page, selects Opt Out, answers question, confirms opt out. Receives confirmation email. If it is essential that the student does not opt out, clearly communicate the necessity of the content to the students.
Opt BACK IN:
- Prior to Opt Out deadline: Student Selects Flash Books link in Course, selects Opt Back In.
- After Opt Out Deadline and before Opt Back In deadline: Contact Customer Care at 1-844-932-6657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- After Opt Back In deadline: Not available
Q. My Flash Books link has disappeared in my Canvas course. How do I get it back?
A: If you copied content from a course where the Flash Books link was hidden, the left navigation settings were copied over as well. The Flash Books link is now hidden. To make the Flash Books link visible please take these steps:
- Within the course, on the left-hand course navigation menu, click on Settings.
- At the top of the page, select the Navigation tab.
- The links that are visible are in the top group of tools and the links that are hidden are in the bottom group of tools. Locate the Flash Books link and drag it up to the top group, wherever you’d like it to be in the order of links.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Confirm the link now shows in the left-hand course navigation menu.
Q. Why does the Flash Books link in my Canvsa courses display different information?
A. Depending on the type of content and the publisher, what appears when you click the Flash Books link will not be the same.
- Textbooks access
- Opt Out functionality
- Content from Pearson