Wellness content 1
A limited number of mini-grants, up to $1000, will be awarded to fund initiatives that focus on any of the following priority areas:
- Alcohol and Other Drug Use
- Mental Health
- Physical Activity
- Preventive Care
- Smoking and Tobacco Use
Who is eligible?
All registered Kent State University student organizations, academic and university departments, and teams endorsed by a faculty member (i.e. faculty member must serve as project lead). Special consideration is given to collaborative proposals engaging individuals across the University community.
Use of funds
Funds may be used for supplies, educational materials, and food (if educational in nature). Funds may NOT be used for wages, salaries, food (for entertainment or incentive purposes), conference attendance, travel, or academic funding (i.e. tuition, thesis or dissertation expenses). Additionally, funding will not be awarded to support existing events or programs, bring in guest speakers, or fundraising endeavors.
Examples of eligible programs/projects include:
- Establish a student and faculty/staff club (i.e. running, bicycling, gardening, etc.)
- Redesign building stairwell to promote physical activity
- Hosting a meditation training for organization or department to promote mental health
- September 16, 2016 – Applications and supporting materials due by 5:00pm (EST)
- September 30, 2016 – Grantee notification
- January 17, 2017 – Project/program implementation deadline
- March 26, 2016 – Project/program completion deadline
- April 30, 2017 – Evaluation report due by 5:00pm (EST)
To assure your program/project meets grant requirements or if you have any additional questions, please contact the Kent State of Wellness Steering Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).