- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
Summit Street Improvement Project
- For specific questions about the project, contact the city of Kent’s Engineering Division at 330-678-8106.
- For Kent Campus parking questions, contact Kent State Parking and Transit Services at 330-672-4432.
- For general inquiries, email email@example.com.
Information on the Project
The project enhancements include the elimination of one intersection, relocation of Campus Center Drive to align with the Student Green, the construction of two roundabouts, a boulevard and the installation of bike paths, sidewalks and crosswalks.
According to the Akron Metropolitan Area Transportation Study (AMATS), Summit Street is the most congested roadway (non-freeway) in Summit and Portage counties, the most dangerous corridor for pedestrians in the city of Kent, and a high-accident area. To resolve these issues the city of Kent has secured federal and state funding to make the improvements.
Preliminary utility work is scheduled to begin Fall 2015 and the major construction work is anticipated to begin in Spring 2016. The project is expected to be completed in early 2018. The time frame is heavily dependent on weather, utilities and other factors