Construction Update: Expect Flaggers between Willow St. and Morris Rd.
- Utility crews will be pouring sidewalks on Summit Street between South Willow Street and Morris Road.
- Weather permitting, Ohio Edison crews will be doing work Feb. 18-19 in the West Campus parking lot, which is adjacent to the Schwartz Center lot. A couple of rows the northern part of the lot will be blocked off.
- The first row of parking spaces in the Schwartz lot may also be blocked off while Ohio Edison is working.
- Kenmore Construction will continue working on the south side of Summit Street between Whitehall Boulevard and Fraternity Circle.
- Construction is underway on the first phase, which runs from Fraternity Circle to Loop Road. Construction in this area will continue until November 2016.
- Flaggers will be directing traffic in this area and there will be delays at times.
- One-way, one-lane eastbound is scheduled to begin in March in the first phase area. Access to buildings and parking lots in the construction area will be maintained at all times.
- The new traffic pattern will result in changes to multiple PARTA bus routes, which will also occur in March. Advance notice will be given prior to the route changes.
- Electronic message boards are operational in the area, to let motorists know of any upcoming lane closures.
- Motorists are advised to allow additional time to get to their destinations.
- Traffic and other updates will be posted on the Summit Street website throughout the project.
POSTED: Friday, February 12, 2016 - 1:15pm
UPDATED: Friday, February 12, 2016 - 1:19pm