Construction Update: Summit Street/Loop Road Intersection Closed Next Week
- One-way, one-lane eastbound traffic continues on Summit Street, from Fraternity Circle to Whitehall Boulevard, from now through November. Access to adjacent buildings and intersecting roadways will be maintained.
- The Summit Street/Loop Road intersection north of Summit Street will be closed during spring break, from approximately 6 a.m. Monday, March 21, to the evening of Friday, March 25. The closing is being done during a time when traffic to and from the Kent campus is greatly reduced.
- Here are some things to keep in mind if you will be traveling that part of Summit Street March 21-25.
- Eastbound traffic will be maintained on Summit during the closure, but motorists will not be able to turn left at Loop Road.
- The detour will be Johnston Drive through campus to Loop Road (see map).
- There will be access to WKSU and the Child Development Center via Loop Road southbound.
- All driveways on Loop Road will be open during this time.
- Also next week, crews will be trimming trees on Summit Street between Lincoln and Morris. Flaggers will be directing traffic.
- Motorists are asked to drive carefully in the construction area and watch out for construction workers, especially when there is sun glare. Please allow additional time to get to your destinations.
- Information about the project can be found on the Summit Street website throughout the project. You can also view an animated detour and campus-access video.
- Questions about the construction project should be sent to email@example.com or call the city of Kent’s Division of Engineering at 330-678-8106.
Loop/Summit Intersection Detour
POSTED: Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 4:07pm
UPDATED: Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 4:09pm