Construction Update: Water Service Interruption
- On Wednesday, Feb. 3, water service will be disrupted on a portion of Summit Street from east of Loop Rd. to Whitehall Blvd.
- The water shutoff will begin at 8 a.m. and last approximately six to eight hours.
- On the Kent Campus, only WKSU will be impacted by the water shutoff.
- Other affected areas outside of campus include: Whitehall Blvd., Summit Gardens Blvd., Courtland Drive, Cambridge Drive, Hastings Drive, Stratford Drive, Olympus Drive, Athena Drive, Artemis Drive and Hickory Mill Circle.
- Kenmore Construction will continue working on the south side of Summit Street between Whitehall Boulevard and Fraternity Circle.
- Construction is underway on the first phase, which runs from Fraternity Circle to Loop Road. Construction in this area will continue until November 2016.
- Flaggers will be directing traffic in this area and there will be delays at times.
- One-way, one-lane eastbound is scheduled to begin in March in the first phase area. Access to buildings and parking lots in the construction area will be maintained at all times.
- The new traffic pattern will result in changes to multiple PARTA bus routes, which will also occur in March. Advance notice will be given prior to the route changes.
- Electronic message boards are operational in the area, to let motorists know of any upcoming lane closures.
- Motorists are advised to allow additional time to get to their destinations.
- Traffic and other updates will be posted on the Summit Street website throughout the project.
POSTED: Monday, February 1, 2016 - 5:20pm
UPDATED: Tuesday, February 2, 2016 - 10:26am