Construction Update: Week of Feb. 1, 2016
- Utility crews will be working between the Aeronautics and Technology Building and Williams Hall, removing old wires from old poles on the north side of Summit Street. Flaggers will be in the area, but expect delays.
- Kenmore Construction will continue working on the south side of Summit Street between Whitehall Boulevard and Fraternity Circle.
- Please note that construction has begun on the first phase, which runs from Fraternity Circle to Loop Road. Construction in this area will continue until November 2016.
- Flaggers will be directing traffic in this area and there will be delays at times.
- One-way, one-lane eastbound is scheduled to begin in March in the first phase area. Access to buildings and parking lots in the construction area will be maintained at all times.
- The new traffic pattern will result in changes to multiple PARTA bus routes, which will also occur in March. Advance notice will be given prior to the route changes.
- Electronic message boards are operational in the area, to let motorists know of any upcoming lane closures.
- Motorists are advised to allow additional time to get to their destinations.
- Traffic and other updates will be posted on the Summit Street website throughout the project.
POSTED: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 3:13pm
UPDATED: Friday, January 29, 2016 - 3:15pm