Phase One Work Nearing Completion
- The first phase of the Summit Street Improvement project, from Fraternity Circle to just past Loop Road, is expected to be finished by mid-November.
- There are several new features to make the road safer for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- New features include: a new traffic signal at Loop Road, a new sidewalk from Fraternity Circle to Whitehall Blvd. roadway lighting and bike lanes.
- There is also the addition of a roundabout at Ted Boyd Drive/Johnston Drive, which incorporates pedestrian crossings and bike lanes.
- Watch a video to learn how to navigate a roundabout.
- Summit Street will return to regular, two-way traffic in mid-November.
- The second phase of the Summit Street Improvement project will begin in March 2017 and will make improvements to the road between Fraternity Circle and Lincoln St.
- For up-to-date construction and traffic updates, visit www.kent.edu/summitstreet/news-announcements.
- Questions about the construction project should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the city of Kent’s Division of Engineering at 330-678-8106.
POSTED: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 2:02pm
UPDATED: Friday, October 28, 2016 - 2:02pm