Phase Two Work of Summit Street Improvement Project to Begin Week of March 6
Work is scheduled to begin the week of March 6 on the second phase of the Summit Street Improvement project.
- The second phase will make improvements to Summit Street between Lincoln Street and Fraternity Circle.
- One-way, one-lane eastbound traffic is scheduled to begin the week of March 6 and will continue through November.
- The work will be done in sections, which should minimize the disruption of traffic on Summit Street.
- The work will begin on Summit between Willow and Morris, and will continue through early May. One-way, one-lane traffic will be maintained on that stretch of roadway during that time.
- Weather or other factors could delay the start of the one-way traffic.
- Access to buildings and parking lots in the construction area will be maintained and the current PARTA bus routes will not be impacted for the remainder of spring semester.
- Motorists traveling Summit Street are advised to allow additional time to get to your destination.
- You can view videos on the detour route and the project improvements at www.kent.edu/summitstreet/resources.
- The improvements include a second roundabout, a left turn lane from Summit Street to Terrace Drive and the relocation of Campus Center Drive to align with the Student Green.
- For further information, contact the city of Kent's Division of Engineering at 330-678-8106.
POSTED: Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:23am
UPDATED: Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:24am