Road work on the Summit Street Improvement project will stop for the winter months.
- The entrance to the Schwartz Center off of Summit St. is now open.
- The relocated West Campus Center Drive is scheduled to be open for Fall Commencement Dec. 15 and 16.
- There will be two-way traffic on Summit from Lincoln St. to Janik Drive
- The section of Summit in front of Satterfield Hall will remain one-way, eastbound for the next few weeks.
- During the winter months, two-way traffic will be maintained in the construction area.
- Contractors will be doing work on other parts of the project as weather permits, but there should be minimal disruption to traffic.
- In the spring, work will be completed on the remaining part of the project, from Janik Drive to Fraternity Circle.
- Weather or other factors could delay the scheduled openings.
For further information, contact the city of Kent's Division of Engineering at 330-678-8106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTED: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 7:35pm
UPDATED: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 - 7:35pm