Limón Dance Company Returns to Kent State for Summer Intensive
Kent, OH – The School of Theatre and Dance is thrilled to announce the continuation of its relationship with the world-renown Limón Dance Company. The company will once again hold a summer intensive worshhop at Kent State this summer.
July 24 - August 11, 2017
The three-week long intensive for intermediate and advanced level dancers offers training in the Humphrey/Limón movement tradition and includes:
- Daily Limón Technique classes
- Limón Repertory and New Repertory
- Performance Technique workshops
- Registration options: Full-time 3-week or 2-week; Part-time 3-week mornings only
- Performance by Limón Dance Company members
- Optional individual mentoring
- Special events, lectures and film showings
- Final studio performance open to public
- On-site accommodation
- Full time 3 weeks: July 24 – August 11, dance sessions Monday to Friday only. Registration Sunday July 23.
- Full time 2 weeks: July 24 – August 4 only. No late starts. Registration Sunday July 23.
- Part-time 3 weeks: July 24 – August 11, morning sessions only: 10am Technique class and 12pm Limón Repertory (Int or Adv level). Ideally attend registration day Sunday July 23. Not eligible to stay on campus.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
The workshop offers multiple attendance options, including full time three-week, full time two-week, full time one-week, and part time three-week options.
Tuition covers the cost of the workshop and housing is available for an additional fee.
All registration is completed directly through the Limón Dance Company Website, linked below.