School of Theatre and Dance Welcomes Alvin Ailey's Tracy Inman
The Ailey School, the educational component of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, will be at Kent State on Sat., Feb. 24 to audition students for the Ailey School's summer intensive program. Tracy Inman, Co-Director of The Ailey School will visit the School of Theatre and Dance to run the audition.
How To Register
- Visit the Online Application/Audition portal at: https://enroll.theaileyschool.edu
- If you are a new applicant, please create an account by clicking "Register Now." After you have created your username and password, return to the Ailey Application Portal site and Login to start the application. (Note: Please save the username/password for your records and/or for any future Ailey applications.)
- After logging in, select to "start" the Private-Cleveland and Kent State Application Forms.
- After entering all your information and paying the $20 required fee, you must click the "Review" button.
- After reviewing your completed application, you need to click the "Submit" button to complete your application.
The Deadline to Apply is Thurs., Feb. 22 at 4:00 p.m.
About Tracy Inman
Tracy Inman is a native of Washington, D.C. and a graduate of the Duke Ellington School of the Arts where he majored in music. In 1981, he changed his artistic course from music to dance and moved to New York City where he was awarded a scholarship to study at The Ailey School. After completing two years of study, Mr. Inman joined Ailey II and, in 1990, he became a member of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater -- touring nationally and internationally with the Company for five years and working with choreographers such as Ulysses Dove, Jerome Robbins, Donald Byrd, and Louis Johnson. Mr. Inman danced in the Vienna, Austria and Antwerp, Belgium productions of the musical Cats and, in 1989, he was invited by Judith Jamison to be a part of The Jamison Project, prior to joining Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater the next year. In 1999, he began teaching the Horton technique at The Ailey School. Mr. Inman was then named Co-Director of the Junior Division in 2001 where, along with Melanie Person, he grew the program from 350 students to its current enrollment of over 900 students. Mr. Inman has served as a judge for Ballet Stars of the 21st Century Dance Competition in Panama City, Panama, The Seoul International Dance Competition in Seoul, South Korea, and Dream on Dance Competition in Verona, Italy. In addition, he conducts auditions for The Ailey School’s national audition tour. He was appointed Associate Director of The Ailey School in 2009 and Co-Director in 2010.
About The Ailey School
Founded in 1969, The Ailey School is a beacon of dance education located at the Joan Weill Center for Dance in New York. Its mission is to make dance accessible to young people through dance training, to offer students the opportunity to follow an accredited curriculum of diversified dance training of the highest professional caliber, to maintain a professional faculty of exceptional teachers, musicians and guest artists, to train outstanding students as professional dancers and provide them with merit-based scholarships and need-based federal financial aid, and to offer a range of student services including artistic advisors, housing assistance, physical therapy services, and professional counseling for nutrition and psychological well-being.