A transfer student is someone who was enrolled at another college, university, technical or proprietary school after high school and is now applying to Kent State University. Transfer students must submit transcripts from each institution attended to the admissions office where you are applying whether or not you have earned credits or the school is regionally accredited. Applicants with fewer than 12 semester hours of college coursework should also submit an official high school transcript including ACT or SAT scores.
- It is recommended that Transfer applicants complete 12 or more semester hours in college-level coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Transfer applicants who have completed fewer than 12 semester hours after high school graduation will be evaluated on both collegiate and high school records. Transfer applicants with fewer than 12 semester hours in college-level coursework must submit a final high school transcript and an ACT or SAT score.
- All college-level courses taken at a regionally accredited Ohio college or university will transfer with a grade of D or better if taken fall 2005 and later. Ohio courses taken prior to fall 2005 will transfer with a grade of C or better. All college-level courses taken at a regionally accredited non-Ohio college or university and international credit will transfer with a grade of D or better if taken fall 2010 and later. Prior to fall 2010, out of state courses and international credit will transfer with a grade of C or better.
- Applications are processed on a rolling basis.
- Applicants who have been dismissed from another college or university will not be considered for admission unless the students are eligible to return to that previous institution, have been out of college at least 12 consecutive months since the dismissal, or have completed at least 12 semester hours of credit at another institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.000 or better (on a scale of 4.000).
To apply for admission a Transfer applicant must submit:
- Online Application.
- Application fee of $50.
- All College-level transcripts.
- High school transcript and ACT/SAT scores (if fewer than 12 semester hours of college-level coursework).
- Apply for admission 6 months before enrollment. Apply online now!
- Once admitted, a transfer credit evaluation will be conducted automatically. An email notification will be sent to your "@kent.edu" email account once your transfer evaluation is complete.
- February 1: Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA to the federal processor.
- Contact the Department of Residence Services regarding on-campus housing.
- Contact your Advising Office to discuss your transfer evaluation.
Undergraduate Transfer Application
- Start a new application
- Check an existing application
- View admission requirements
- Review additional academic program requirements
Campus Visits for Transfer Students
"Make Your Move" is a visitation program for students transferring to Kent State or transitioning to the Kent Campus from a regional campus. Learn about the credit evaluation process, tour campus and speak to students, academic advisors, administrators and more.
Transfer Application Checklist
Transferring to Kent State? Follow these steps to apply!
- Visit campus
- Submit your transcript(s)
- Choose your classes
- Apply for financial aid
- Apply for on-campus housing
- Check your @kent.edu email