Transfer Credit

Transfer Credit Guide

Find out how courses you have taken at your previous institution(s) will transfer to Kent State. This information is published and updated to help you see how your prior learning will transfer. 

Review the Kent State Transfer Credit Guide

Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE)

Your TCE audit, available via your FlashLine account, will allow you to see how your Kent State University courses are linked to your previous institutions.

Learn How to View Your TCE


Transferring Credit for Coursework, Exams, and Military Experience

There are many opportunities for you to receive credit for your prior coursework, testing and military service.  At Kent State we want to make sure you receive credit for all possible previous academic credit you may have earned. You can check out the Kent State University Transfer Credit Guide or Transferology to see how your classes transfer to Kent State.  

Learn More About Transferring

Transfer Credit FAQs

Find answers to the following frequently asked questions:

  • How do I know what credits KSU will accept?
  • What accreditations does Kent State accept?
  • Will KSU accept military credit?
  • Does KSU accept AP (Advanced Placement) or IB (International Baccalaureate) credit?
  • How do I get credit for my Post Secondary Option (PSEOP) courses?
  • Does KSU accept/offer Credit by Exam or CLEP credit?
  • How is international credit treated?
  • Is Kent State on the quarter or semester system?
  • What is Ohio's Guaranteed Transfer Credit (AP, CT2, Ohio Transfer Module, TAGs, Tech Prep)
  • Where can I view my Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE)?

Access the FAQ

Contact Us

Complete this online form to email transfer and alternative credit staff members. 

Access the Form

Address questions or concerns regarding transferring credits to Kent State University.

Contact the Credit Transfer and Processing Staff