The same steps you take to prevent the spread of the flu and the common cold will also help prevent the spread of coronavirus:
- Avoid large gatherings and follow physical distancing recommendations of 3-6 feet.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
- Avoid exposure to others who are sick.
- Stay home while you are ill (except to visit a healthcare professional) and avoid close contact with others.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
People who think they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider immediately and call ahead before visiting the healthcare provider’s office. Most people with COVID-19 develop mild to moderate illness without the need for medical care. Those with underlying health conditions are at a higher risk of developing a serious illness. Currently, there are no vaccines available to prevent novel coronavirus infections.
Because Flashes take care of Flashes, we ask you to show care and compassion to your fellow Flashes and neighbors who may be experiencing anxiety or fears.
Additional information can be found here: