Kent State Trumbull's Homecoming Court
Kent State University at Trumbull announces its first-ever Homecoming King, Queen and Court. These six students will join other regional and Kent campus nominees to celebrate Kent State University’s 2016 Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 1.
The Court consists of the following students:
- Alex Hatfield (King), Chalker High School 2014 – BTAS Computer Technology (Networking)
- Amber Waselesky (Queen), Southeast High School 2015 – BSN (Nursing)
- Dennis Richards, Mathews High School 2016 - BTAS Computer Technology (Networking)
- Jessie Narkum, Hubbard High School 2015 – BA in American Sign Language
- Anthony Salem, St. Vincent St. Mary 2003 – BS in Exercise Physiology
- Darien Genova, Warren G. Harding 2012 – BS in Biology (Organismal Biology)
They are participating in Trumbull campus events throughout this week. On Monday, they delivered collected food and personal items to Someplace Safe. This Wednesday, they will judge a Kent State Trumbull Homecoming Spirit Day Contest and on Thursday, the court will participate and promote a LifeShare blood drive held on-campus, Noon to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday in Kent, students will participate in a morning parade and will be announced during the Akron v. Kent State football game, scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m.
“This is really exciting,” said Kyle Lovell, Academic Advisor, Kent State Trumbull. “It’s a great opportunity for Trumbull students to become more involved in Kent State Homecoming.”
(Seated, left-right) Alex Hatfield (King) and Amber Waselesky (Queen).
(Standing, left-right) Court members: Anthony Salem, Dennis Richards, Jessie Narkum and Darien Genova.